Here at Hopoffthis.Com we wanna give you guys some tips on how to stop absorbing other people’s emotions. Emotions can control a lot of things, like judgement and decision-making. Do you know if you’re one of the people who soak it all up?
According to themindunleashed.org, “Emotions such as fear, anger, frustration, and immobility are energies. And you can potentially ‘catch’ these energies from people without realizing it. If you tend to be an emotional sponge, it’s vital to know how to avoid taking on an individual’s negative emotions, or even how to deflect the free-floating negatives in crowds.”
Here are a few that stuck out the most:
1. Identify when you’re susceptible to other people’s emotions:
- Being alone is the only way your can recharge your energy
- Your careful about opening yourself to others because loss of communication feels like loss of self
- Your feelings are hurt very easily
- You tend to always need a way out just in case your feel uncomfortable, such as leaving early in your car from events or commitments.
2. Discover the source:
- Ask yourself, are you feelings your own emotions or someone elses?
- You tend to soak up energy from the enviroment or people you’ve come in contact with. Close proximity to people with negative energy can cause energy fields to overlap.
3. Make effort to distance yourself from the source:
- Take time to feel the energy around you, what do you feel?
- Are you comfortable in your space? If not take few feet from the negative energy and see if you feel better
- Don’t hesitate to change seats with individuals if you feel negative energy in a public place
4. Shield yourself from negative energy:
- Visualize a space of bright light protecting your energy
- Think about positive things in your life that have been created
- Look for positive people and positive energy to uplift your spirits
5. Manage your emotions with care:
- Turn your curse of collecting negative emotions into a positive, practice setting yourself free
- Be aware of people who have the energy to bring you down
- Deal with others from a distance until you manage to control what energy you allow into your space
6. Create a personal space for yourself that allows emotional disengagement from the world:
- Have an open area that allows you to collect yourself along with your thoughts
- Enjoy time alone, think about ways to better yourself instead of looking at it as being alone
- Practice something soothing, like reading, writing, resting and yoga
I hope these steps allow your to center yourself and stop absorbing emotions from other people. Learn to have control over your body and everything that makes you happy or sad. It is important to be in touch with yourself so you can live your life full of health and happiness.
Written By: Hopoffthis
Wanna Keep Reading?