Hopoffthis.Com is excited that october is breast cancer awareness month. Don’t we just love the first impression of fall, seasons changing, new clothing but especially new colors. Pink is so in for the month of october, not only are we stylish but also bringing attention to an important cause, supporting breast cancer awareness. We have heard about breast cancer, seen the testimonies on television, might even have a family member who has been affected by it. When it comes to mind we ask the question, ” What is breast cancer?” Well, According to nationalbreastcancer.org,” Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast. The damaged cells can invade surrounding tissue, but with early detection and treatment, most people continue a normal life.”
One out of every eight women will face breast cancer in their lifetime.
Also according to NationalBreastcancer.org:
FACTS ABOUT BREAST CANCER IN THE UNITED STATES
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 220,000 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,150 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 410 will die each year.
Be aware, regular testing and self checks are important. Pay attention to your family history, but most of all be supportive. Breast cancer can be a very life changing experience, so support and be compassionate of others this month, every donation, speech, testimony and piece of support counts.
Hopoffthis.Com supports breast cancer awareness.